So sorry for the lack of updates recently. Work has been extremely busy the past few weeks and weekends have been filled with lots of catch up. I try my best to update as often as I can here but sometimes it's just easier said than done, I guess.
Although, if you are on Instagram, don't forget to follow me (@winceeee) because I am quite active on there and post something almost every day =)
Anyway, I've got another big week ahead so I thought I'd share a quick recipe with you guys before bed. This recipe is seriously easy to make and delicious to eat. I have become quite addicted to this homemade nut butter that I've started having it every day. Too bad, I didn't make enough and went through the whole jar in no time =(
This homemade version is definitely much healthier as it doesn't have the preservatives or as much oil and sugar as what you get from the store bought stuff. Plus, I actually enjoy the taste of homemade ones better. It's a little more subtle and has a lingering aftertaste, which I enjoy.
I've shared 2 versions of this recipe: one using a normal food processor and another using a Tefal Cuisine Companion if you have one. I think it's nice to actually cook it a little bit in the Cuisine Companion after it's made as it helps bring out the flavour a little bit but no biggie if you don't have one. Still tastes good.
Orites, think it's past my bedtime. Will try and upload another blog post sometime soon. Have a good one everyone!
Almond & Cashew Nut Butter Recipe
(an original recipe)
1 1/2 cups raw almonds
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
Method (Normal version)
1. Place all the nuts in a food processor and add a few dashes/pinches of salt.
2. Start the food processor and pulse until all the nuts are pulverised.
3. While the machine is running, slowly drip in the oil into the bowl until the mixture starts to bind together.
4. Turn off the food processor and transfer into a jar and allow to cool. Keep refrigerated.
Method (Tefal Cuisine Companion version)
1. Place all the nuts in the bowl with the ultra blade fitting. Add a few dashes/pinches of salt.
2. Start the Cuisine Companion on speed 12 for 3 minutes until the nuts are all pulverised.
3. After 1 1/2 minute while the machine is still running, slowly drip in the oil into the bowl until the mixture starts to bind together.
4. Run the Cuisine Companion on speed 3, 100°C for 8 minutes. Once done, transfer into a jar and allow to cool. Keep refrigerated.